On October 8th 2014 Hi-Rez Studios announced that the SMITE World Championship pool has reached $1,000,000.00. Thus making SMITE the fourth video game franchise in history to offer a prize pool of $1 million or more according to esportsrankings.com. For those of you unfamiliar with SMITE it is an online mythology based MOBA where teams of Gods battle it out.
To qualify for this event according to the press release participants in the world championship will be determined by winners from regional championships.
The Regional Championships happening around the globe during November and December are:
● The SMITE European Championship will be held Saturday and Sunday, November 15 to 16, 2014, at the ESL Studio in Cologne, Germany. Tickets for this event are currently sold out but you can watch live via twitch.tv/smitegame.
● The SMITE North American Championship will be held Saturday and Sunday, November 22 to 23, 2014, at Kessel D. Stelling Ballroom in Atlanta, within the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Complex. Tickets are available here.
● The SMITE Brazil Championship will be held December 6 at ComicCon Experience in São Paulo, Brazil. Further details to be released soon.
● The SMITE Hispanoamérica Championship will be held November 29 in Bogota, Colombia. Further details to be released soon.
● The SMITE China Championship will be held in Shanghai in late November. Further details to be released soon.
SMITE launched in North America and Europe in March 2014 and already has over 5 million players. It is one of the fastest growing MOBAs and has multiple game modes. You can download SMITE for free at http://smitegame.com